This sets out Urban Fox's Website Privacy Notice. It is to be read in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions of Use.
Urban Fox Website Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by Balfour Beatty Investment Limited (company number 02423465) as agent for Balfour Beatty Group Limited (company number 00101073) ("Balfour Beatty", "We", "Our") on behalf of Urban Fox Networks (UK) Limited (company number 14708495) ("Urban Fox"), an organisation owned by Balfour Beatty and Urban Electric Networks Ltd (company number 10830248) ("Urban Electric"), of "personal data" you provide to Urban Fox when using this Website or contact details displayed on the Website.
Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
Urban Fox is a "controller" under the Data Protection Act 2018 and processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and where applicable the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) ("Data Protection Laws").
For queries on data protection, in relation to processing by Urban Fox please contact Urban Fox's nominated Data Protection contact at, Chief Operating Officer, Urban Fox, Q14 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lance, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, NE12 8BU or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data: We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for Urban Fox or its group companies to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
Personal Data that we may collect and process:
Website and services usage data – this includes: IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
Publication data – information that you post on our website, app or through our services.
Enquiry data – any data you provide in your enquiry.
Transaction data – your contact details, your card details and the transaction details.
Notification data – Your contact details.
Correspondence data – The communication content and metadata associated (if communication is via our website contact form).
Urban Fox will also only process cookie information about your computer as set out in the cookies notice section on the Website, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as available by your browser provider in relation to your IP address, operating system and browser type. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data: Except for cookie related personal data processed via third party cookie analytics providers with your consent which may involve processing outside of the EEA or UK, personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located within the European Economic Area ("EEA") and/or the UK which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. Urban Fox will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Urban Fox require in order to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the internal retention policies and procedures of Urban Fox as updated, and/or available on request. The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the Personal Data: We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you and to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide or which we think may be useful to you or to send marketing information to you only where you have explicitly consented to this via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to those services;
- To collect information, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings made available by your browser provider, for strictly necessary cookies required for administration of the Website, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of processing of strictly necessary cookies and may share this data with our nominated website developers or analytics providers;
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity managing website's business.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your Information: Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may share your information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the Urban Fox, Balfour Beatty or Urban Electric businesses.
Where data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, we ensure that appropriate protection and mechanisms are in place, such as, for example EU or UK approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
Legal Basis for Processing: Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data' or ‘special categories of personal data' under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests" in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website, our products or services or information on reported faults via the contact pages on the Website; and
- meet legal obligations under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping obligations.
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data' or ‘special categories of personal data' provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws.
Your rights in relation to your personal data: Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- in certain circumstances, the right to:
- have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact Us and Complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights in connection with Urban Fox's processing of your personal data by contacting Urban Fox's nominated contact for Data Protection at: email@example.com. These requests are administered free of charge.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with our relevant Data Protection contact at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to raise a concern re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Links to Other Website: This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at 24th March 2023, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.